View from my hotel room in San Francisco. Went to a social media conference this week...learned just as much for myself as I did for work. Win-win! Can you tell I have a soft spot for skylines (check here and here for evidence...at least I made it out of Chicago this time).
You want to know what's surprisingly draining? Social media. Especially social media with about 100 other folks. I've had three days full of tweeting, talking about tweeting, and then tweeting again (check my Twitter feed if you don't believe me). Plus I get on this crazy conference adrenaline rush. By the time you read this, I'll be done with the conference and on my way to a relaxing weekend for my college roommate Cari's bachelorette party (well, at this point we're thinking relaxing, but we'll see if C changes her mind ;)
Have you seen how Faith at Love Fox Vintage styled my swap items? I'm thinking I may have to try that skirt treatment when it comes back my way.
I have to admit, I did not have as much time as usual to scour the web for a ton of weekend reads, but the ones I found were GOOD! Enjoy!
Fashion and style
- Dress With Courage: Thrifting 101 Part 12: Identifying and cleaning thrifted jewelry
- J's Everyday Fashion: Secrets of shopping at Banana Republic
- ModlyChic: Spring Trend: Maxi dress (how to wear it)
- Ms. Career Girl: Staying fit with a stressful career
- Design Juices: 15 inspiring office cubicles
- Pretty Young Professional: Book Review: The girl's guide to starting your own business
Do you find yourself more relaxed or more frazzled during business travel and conferences?